One of several people arrested in connection with the death of Scott John Henry has appeared in court.

Police today arrested three men and a woman after Henry was found shot dead at his Kinloch property on July 20.

Henry, 48, died from a single gunshot to the chest and was later found by a family member at his property in Whangamata Rd.

Daniel George Chase, 22, from Taupo, appeared in the Rotorua District Court today charged with murder and aggravated robbery.


He is jointly charged, along with two 25-year-old Taupo men, with murdering Henry.

He is also jointly charged with the two other men and a woman with robbing Henry, while armed with a firearm, of a green Ridgeline Pikau bag and its contents on July 20.

The 43-year-old woman from Auckland charged with aggravated robbery will appear in the Counties Manukau District court on Thursday.

Another local man, 35, was also arrested this morning and faces four charges of supplying methamphetamine in the Taupo area.

Judge Alayne Wills remanded Chase in custody to reappear in the Rotorua District Court tomorrow, along with the three other men.

Judge Wills said he would then appear in the High Court at Rotorua on September 27.

Last month Bay of Plenty police found the car they believe was used the night of the shooting.

Bay of Plenty Detective Senior Sergeant John Wilson said the arrests were a "fantastic result".

"I appreciate that this has been a difficult time for Mr Henry's family and friends and we are pleased to have been able to make these arrests and put these alleged offenders before the courts.

"I want to thank members of the local community who have come forward and contacted police following our appeals for information. Your assistance is much appreciated."

Henry's mother, Jann, also publicly appealed to the killers to "do the right thing and give themselves up".

"Scott's children Liam and Tayla have been robbed of a father and they are devastated."

Kylie Hartley 38, Scott's partner, who was understood to have heard the gunfire on their property before fleeing to a neighbouring property, couldn't be reached for comment.

Wilson told the Herald that Henry's mother Jann cried after being told of the arrests.

- Additional reporting Kelly Makiha