Make the most of spring lamb and New Zealand oranges with this light, colourful salad.
|2||Lamb backstraps (Main)|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|300 g||Green beans (Main)|
|50 g||Pine nuts (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat an ovenproof frying pan. Season the lamb and turn in enough olive oil to coat. Sear in the pan on all sides then transfer to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Let rest until ready to slice.
- Peel the oranges with a sharp knife and segment.
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water for approximately 4 minutes depending on the size, or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water.
- Snip the chives with scissors.
- Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan over medium heat until golden, let cool. Place in a mortar and pestle or use a small food processer. Grind to a paste then slowly add 2 Tbsp of olive oil until combined then add the lemon juice.
- Slice the lamb and arrange with the orange segments, beans and red onion, then spoon over the dressing and sprinkle over the chives.