|650 g||Waxy potatoes, large, scrubbed|
|4||Lamb backstraps, at room temperature (Main)|
|4 cloves||Fresh garlic, chopped|
|¾ cup||Black olives|
|¼ cup||Sage leaves|
|4 Tbsp||Vincotto, to taste|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cut into large chunks.
- Season lamb portions with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan, add a little oil, and brown lamb over a medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Remove to one side to rest for 10 minutes and keep warm covered with a tent of foil or a folded clean tea towel.
- At the same time, add a little more oil to the pan and add potato chunks, garlic, olives and sage leaves.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, tossing regularly until the pieces of potato are golden brown all over. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thickly slice lamb and serve on top of potatoes, drizzled with vincotto.