Departing front-rower Charlie Gubb is sad to be leaving the Warriors but believes a new club can help him fulfil his playing potential.
The Warriors have decided not to extend the 27-year-old's contract but both parties are happy with the situation, with Gubb excited about the prospect of making a fresh start.
The Herald understands both the North Queensland Cowboys and Canberra Raiders are keen on snaring him while there is also believed to be interest from UK Super League clubs Salford and Leeds.
"I've got some offers on the table now but I'm still weighing things up and seeing what's best," said Gubb.
"I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do but most likely I'll stay in the NRL, but at the same time I'm open to going to England."
The Cowboys have been keeping tabs on Gubb since late last year, but the Warriors closed the door on any move by taking up an option to keep him for this season.
He was initially disappointed when an expected contract upgrade failed to materialise, however a strong pre-season earned him a starting spot in three of the first four games of the season.
He continued to occupy a bench spot in between stints in reserve grade and only recently returned from a groin operation before winning a first grade recall for Friday's game against the Rabbitohs in Sydney.
"I did it about 10 weeks ago. I tried to rehab it for about four weeks and then just went in for an op because it just wasn't getting any better," he said.
"I wasn't sure if I'd be back playing after I had surgery, but I got back and got two games in, and Mooks has called me back in to the NRL so I'm happy."
Gubb had hoped he might be able to stay at the Warriors but eventually came to terms with the fact that wasn't an option. He holds no grudges over the situation and is optimistic about the opportunity to develop and improve at another club.
"It was (my preference to stay) earlier on but things changed, just with how everything was handled, so I'm not disappointed that I'm leaving, but I will be sad to leave.
"I love the club but I'm also happy at the same time. I know I will get better somewhere else. If I'm staying in the NRL I want to go somewhere where I'm going to get better.
"I've seen a lot of my mates that have left here and gone on and become a lot better at other clubs, so that's what I want to do and see how I develop in a different environment."
Meanwhile, young hooker Nathaniel Roache has been ruled out of the ANZ Stadium clash against South Sydney after suffering a suspected Achilles injury at training today.
It's a cruel blow for the 21-year-old, who was set to make his third appearance after returning from a hamstring injury suffered against Manly in Perth on July 1.
For the second week running he was set to start at hooker with Kiwis international Issac Luke dropped to the interchange bench.
Luke is now expected to start in his first game against his former club, where he spent eight seasons and was a part of the Rabbitohs 2014 premiership winning side.