Whanganui Chronicle
  • Whanganui Chronicle home
  • Latest news
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Property
  • Death notices
  • Classifieds

Subscriptions

  • Herald Premium
  • Viva Premium
  • The Listener
  • BusinessDesk

Sections

  • Latest news
  • On The Up
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Property
    • All Property
    • Residential property listings
  • Rural
    • All Rural
    • Dairy farming
    • Sheep & beef farming
    • Horticulture
    • Animal health
    • Rural business
    • Rural life
    • Rural technology

Locations

  • Taranaki
  • National Park
  • Whakapapa
  • Ohakune
  • Raetihi
  • Taihape
  • Marton
  • Feilding
  • Palmerston North

Media

  • Video
  • Photo galleries
  • Today's Paper - E-Editions
  • Photo sales
  • Classifieds

Weather

  • New Plymouth
  • Whanganui
  • Palmertson North
  • Levin

NZME Network

  • Advertise with NZME
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • BusinessDesk
  • Newstalk ZB
  • Sunlive
  • ZM
  • The Hits
  • Coast
  • Radio Hauraki
  • The Alternative Commentary Collective
  • Gold
  • Flava
  • iHeart Radio
  • Hokonui
  • Radio Wanaka
  • iHeartCountry New Zealand
  • Restaurant Hub
  • NZME Events

SubscribeSign In

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Home / Whanganui Chronicle

Whanganui man on child sex offender register

Court Reporter
Whanganui Chronicle·
23 May, 2017 05:31 PM2 mins to read

Subscribe to listen

Access to Herald Premium articles require a Premium subscription. Subscribe now to listen.
Already a subscriber?  

Listening to articles is free for open-access content—explore other articles or learn more about text-to-speech.
‌
Save
    Share this article
Messaging was one of the means used to "groom" a Whanganui teenager. PHOTO/ FILE

Messaging was one of the means used to "groom" a Whanganui teenager. PHOTO/ FILE

After some deliberation a Whanganui District Court Judge has added Richard Glen Lisle's name to New Zealand's child sex offender register.

The 29-year-old pleaded guilty to three charges in Whanganui District Court last week. They were exposing a young person to indecent material, assisting someone under 18 to provide sex services and a charge of driving while under the influence of alcohol.

The sexual offending took place about six months ago.

No details were given, except that the victim was aged 15 and was vulnerable. The activity involved messaging, and the harm to the victim was significant, Judge Philip Crayton said.

The offending was "surreptitious", a breach of trust, and had "a number of sinister aspects".

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

The driving with excess breath alcohol matter added to risk that Lisle would offend in future, Judge Crayton said.

Lisle's lawyer, Stephen Ross, said the offending was at the low end and out of character for his client. He had not shown any deviant behaviour.

The community was at risk, Judge Crayton said, and Lisle would come into contact with children due to his family circumstances.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

He directed Lisle to undertake the WellStop programme for adult sex offenders. It is delivered in Palmerston North, and there will be transport available to get him there.

Lisle is also to undertake two years of intensive supervision.

On the driving with excess breath alcohol matter Lisle was sentenced to 60 hours' community work and disqualified from driving for six months.

Save
    Share this article

Latest from Whanganui Chronicle

Whanganui Chronicle

'Why don't we just fund it?': The bridge replacement battle

20 Feb 05:00 PM
Premium
Lifestyle

Small spaces, big harvests: The case for growing food in pots

20 Feb 04:03 PM
Sport

Medals in the bank for Whanganui speed skating team

20 Feb 04:00 PM

Sponsored

Cyber crime in 2025: Increased specialisation, increased collaboration, increased risk

09 Feb 09:12 PM
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Latest from Whanganui Chronicle

'Why don't we just fund it?': The bridge replacement battle
Whanganui Chronicle

'Why don't we just fund it?': The bridge replacement battle

'The bridge has critically deteriorated and is no longer considered safe for traffic.'

20 Feb 05:00 PM
Premium
Premium
Small spaces, big harvests: The case for growing food in pots
Lifestyle

Small spaces, big harvests: The case for growing food in pots

20 Feb 04:03 PM
Medals in the bank for Whanganui speed skating team
Sport

Medals in the bank for Whanganui speed skating team

20 Feb 04:00 PM


Cyber crime in 2025: Increased specialisation, increased collaboration, increased risk
Sponsored

Cyber crime in 2025: Increased specialisation, increased collaboration, increased risk

09 Feb 09:12 PM
NZ Herald
  • About NZ Herald
  • Meet the journalists
  • Newsletters
  • Classifieds
  • Help & support
  • Contact us
  • House rules
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Competition terms & conditions
  • Our use of AI
Subscriber Services
  • Whanganui Chronicle e-edition
  • Manage your print subscription
  • Manage your digital subscription
  • Subscribe to Herald Premium
  • Subscribe to the Whanganui Chronicle
  • Gift a subscription
  • Subscriber FAQs
  • Subscription terms & conditions
  • Promotions and subscriber benefits
NZME Network
  • Whanganui Chronicle
  • The New Zealand Herald
  • The Northland Age
  • The Northern Advocate
  • Waikato Herald
  • Bay of Plenty Times
  • Rotorua Daily Post
  • Hawke's Bay Today
  • Viva
  • NZ Listener
  • Newstalk ZB
  • BusinessDesk
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • iHeart Radio
  • Restaurant Hub
NZME
  • NZME Events
  • About NZME
  • NZME careers
  • Advertise with NZME
  • NZME Digital Performance Marketing
  • Book your classified ad
  • Photo sales
  • © Copyright 2026 NZME Publishing Limited
TOP