Everyone loves these little meatballs coated in tomato basil sauce, stacked with crispy lettuce, gherkin, and cheese on a small piece of bread. Great for a family party.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the meatballs
|500g||Pure South Premium Lamb Mince|
|2 Tbsp||Superb Herb Oregano, chopped|
|½ tsp||garlic salt|
|1½ cups||bread crusts, torn and soaked in a little milk, excess squeezed out|
|Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil|
|1 cup||Tomato Basil Passata|
|4 slices||cheddar cheese, quartered|
|Salt and pepper|
|4 slices||bread, toasted|
|1 whole||NZ Avocado, sliced|
|1 cup||lettuce leaves|
|1 cup||mini gherkins|
|Handful Superb Herb Basil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients well (except oil and passata) in a bowl. Form 16 meatballs.
- Heat a little oil in a large fry-pan over medium heat. Fry meatballs until done turning often for 10 minutes. Pour over the passata and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the meatballs are well coated in the sauce.
- Place a piece of cheese on top of each meatball. Turn the heat off and place a lid over the top. The steam will melt the cheese nicely, and it should only take a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make toast and spread with mayonnaise.
- To assemble, top toast with avocado, lettuce, meatball, gherkin and basil.