Guacamole and eggs make for a colorful and creamy pairing. Here's a wrap recipe to try for breakfasts or for picnic lunches.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
|4 large||Woodland Free Range Eggs|
|2 large||avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out|
|1 whole||garlic clove, crushed|
|1||green chilli, chopped (optional)|
|½ small||red onion, fi nely diced,|
|8||cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|3 Tbsp||Superb Herb Coriander, chopped, plus extra|
|4||wraps (we used spinach wraps)|
|1 head||baby cos lettuce, separated|
|¼ cup||Fresh Life Californian Walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Make boiled eggs: Place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring water and eggs to a boil. Cover pot and turn on the heat. Leave it for 12 minutes. Drain hot water and replace with cold. Repeat this a few times until eggs are cool. Peel eggs and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place avocado, lime juice, garlic and chilli (if using). Combine with a fork, mashing avocado and thoroughly mixing ingredients. It's okay to leave the mixture a little chunky.
- Add onion, tomatoes, coriander and salt to the
- avocado mixture. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Roughly chop the boiled eggs and fold them into the avocado mixture gently.
- Place a wrap on a plate, then fill with lettuce, egg guacamole mix, walnuts and extra coriander.