Good quality lamb racks coated in an irresistible blend of walnut, herbs and dijon mustard crust are perfect to serve for Christmas.
|1 kg||Pure South Te Mana Lamb French Rack|
|1 knob||Unsalted butter|
|1 cup||Fresh Life Californian Walnuts, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Superb Herb Thyme, chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||Coarse sea salt|
|1 tsp||Freshly cracked black pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Olivado Avocado Oil With Rosemary|
|1/2 cup||Dijon mustard|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Take the lamb out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper all over the lamb and sear in a hot frying pan on a high heat with oil and butter for 2-3 minutes, turning with tongs until golden all over.
- Put the racks on a roasting tray and let cool.
- In a cordless food processor pulse walnuts, thyme, rosemary, garlic until well combined. Add oil, season with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Generously brush mustard all over lamb. Press walnut mixture onto mustard to form a crust.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the crust is crisp. Remove the lamb from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving with the roast baby carrots (optional).
- Serves: 4
KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor