A galette is a free-form pie or tart. This rustic lamb galette is the perfect meal to serve guests. We love the sweet figs and caramelised onions paired with juicy lamb and fresh mint.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
For the lamb
|2 tsp||Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil|
|450g||Pure South Lamb Boneless Loin, finely diced|
|1 tsp||ground coriander|
|⅓ cup||FreshLife Pine Nuts|
|Salt and pepper|
|1 sheet||of shortcrust pastry, thawed|
|½ cup||Caramelised Onion Relish|
|6||FreshLife Silver Platter Figs, halved, width-wise|
|1 whole||egg, whisked|
|Superb Herb Mint leaves, to garnish|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- For the lamb: Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add lamb, cumin, coriander and cinnamon, and fry for 5-10 minutes until browned. Season with salt and pepper, stir through pine nuts and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Lay the pastry on top, then using a sharp knife, trim the edges of the pastry to form a large circle.
- Spread the caramelised onions in the centre of the pastry, leaving 5cm of crust around the edges. Lay the fried lamb on top, then top with quartered figs.
- Lift the edge of the dough and place it inwards, covering some of the filling. Repeat with remaining edges until you have a circular galette with some exposed filling. Brush pastry edges with egg.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy.