If you love a loaf full of flavour and different types of nuts then try this one. The recipe makes one large loaf. Makes at least 20 slices.
|200 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Vanilla sugar, I used Heilala|
|1 ½ cups||Flour|
|3 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp||Mixed spice|
|½ tsp||Ground cardamom|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1||Orange, grated zest|
|3 Tbsp||Grand Marnier|
|1 cup||Dates, coarsely chopped (Main)|
|¾ cup||Whole blanched almonds, coarsely chopped|
|¾ cup||Roasted hazelnuts, skins removed, coarsely chopped|
|1 cup||Pecans, coarsely chopped (Main)|
|1 cup||Milk chocolate, in bits, I used milk chocolate callets 34% (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 175C. Grease and line a large loaf tin, 28cm x 13cm, with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and vanilla sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and spices.
- Mix together the milk, vanilla extract, orange zest and Grand Marnier.
- In a bowl combine the dates, nuts and chocolate.
- Fold sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture into the creamed mixture until combined. Fold in date mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, cover tin loosely with baking paper and foil and seal edges.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, then remove paper and foil. Bake for a further 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin before removing. Keep in an airtight container.