One of life's essential qualifications is learning how to cook and survive in a student flat environment. One must not underestimate the influence of a student who can do sweet things with chocolate! I seriously wish I had this recipe when I first went flatting. It’s so easy to weigh up, mix in the bowl you’re going to cook and press “start”.
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 ¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|⅔ cup||Milk chocolate, chunks or buttons (Main)|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 ¾ cups||Boiling water|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place milk, vanilla and butter in a 2 litre, 6cm deep microwave container.
- Heat on high for 90 seconds, add sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa, mix well. Press the chocolate chunks into the pudding mix.
- Mix remaining cocoa with brown sugar then sprinkle over the pudding.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a spoon on to the pudding. Cook, uncovered on medium at 50% power for 10-12 minutes.
- Let it rest for 2 minutes, dust with icing sugar and serve with natural yoghurt, whipped cream or ice-cream — or all three.