|1 kg||Oxtail pieces (Main)|
|1 to dust||Plain flour|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh thyme, (leaves stirpped off the stalks )|
|1 cup||Pitted prunes|
|1 cup||Red wine|
|2 cups||Vegetable stock, (or chicken stock)|
|1 to serve||Feta|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Dust the oxtail with seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the bacon and thyme, cook for 3 minutes then remove.
- Add the oxtail and brown for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the bacon and thyme back to the pan, add the prunes, wine and stock.
- Cover the saucepan and gently simmer for 3 hours before serving with crumbled feta sprinkled over.