Use silverbeet leaves if cavolo nero is unavailable.
|100 g||Cavolo nero, leaves only (Main)|
|2||Shallots, thinly sliced|
|400 g||Potato gnocchi (Main)|
|150 g||Feta, or blue cheese|
|1 to taste||White pepper|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, finely grated|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Blanch cavolo nero in boiling water until limp, about two minutes. Drain well and pat dry. Chop.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add shallots and cavolo nero and saute for one to two minutes, until shallots have softened.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water until they float to the top. Drain well and place in a 25cmx17cm baking dish. Add cavolo nero mixture.
- Crumble cheese over top and cover with cream. Season and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling. Excellent served with a crisp salad.