A young jihadist suicide bomber was filmed weeping before being sent to his death in Syria.
The fighter named as Jafar al-Tayyar, from Uzbekistan, was comforted by his fellow militants moments before he launched the deadly attack on Shi'ite town of Fua in Idlib Province - an Assad regime stronghold, the Daily Mirror reported.
In the footage he is seen sobbing as he climbs into the explosives-packed armoured personnel carrier.
"Jafar, my brother, don't be afraid. When you are scared, remember Allah," a fellow militant tells him.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
Tayyar responded: "I'm just scared I won't succeed."
But the footage shows he does succeed and an explosion rocks the camera at the end of the video, the Daily Mirror reported.
It is not known how many people were killed and injured in the explosion.
Where to get help:
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (4pm to 6pm weekdays)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• The Word
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.