A mobile emergency alert had to be re-sent this morning because some Vodafone customers missed out on the message.
At 10.15pm yesterday, the National Emergency Management Agency sent out a mobile alert advising the country of the Covid-19 level changes.
But due to a planned upgrade some Vodafone customers did not get the message.
The National Emergency Management Agency says it was re-sent this morning to ensure all New Zealanders with a capable smartphone received the alert.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
• Aucklanders are being told to stay at home as the city goes into level 3 lockdown from midday today until midnight Friday
• The rest of New Zealand will move up to alert level 2 over the same time
• Four people in one South Auckland household test positive for Covid-19 from an unknown source
• A virus expert worries it may be tough to trace the source of the infection back to the border
• Supermarkets are calling for calm and urging people to 'shop normally'
• Auckland schools will only take students of essential workers – all others must stay home
• After praising our efforts to stamp out Covid-19, the world reacted to the sudden return of community transmission