The first half proved to be the difference between the Raiders and the Titans at GIO Stadium as the men from Canberra won 32-18.

The Raiders came out firing in the first half, with Iosia Soliola dotting down in two minutes into the game.

Lead by captain Jarrod Crocker, the Raiders kept applying the pressure on the men from the Gold Coast to head into the break with a 20-0 lead.

However, the Titans weren't going to roll over for the Raiders, sending Ryan James over for a try five minutes after the bell.


Kiwis powerhouse Kevin Proctor snatched up a grubber from Ashley Taylor to score over the line three minutes later.

The short comeback was too little, too late for the visitors, with Raiders big man Shannon Boyd coming off the interchange to score a try and set up another.

Jordan Rapana would find the line himself too, taking a wide pass and leaping over Titans defenders to place the ball down in the corner while in midair.

Warriors back to winning ways after downing the Wests Tigers

Shaun Johnson of the Warriors celebrates after scoring a try. Photo / Getty Images
Shaun Johnson of the Warriors celebrates after scoring a try. Photo / Getty Images

The Warriors are back to the top of the NRL table after defeating the Wests Tigers 26-4 in a convincing win at Mt Smart.

Lead by their halves combo of Luke Brooks and Benji Marshall the Tigers looked dangerous in the opening sets of the game, asking questions of the Warriors defensive line.

But, it was the Warriors who drew blood first when winger David Fusitua scored a try in the far right corner after 14 minutes.

The Warriors would strike again through Ken Maumalo after David Nofoaluma was sent to the bin with a yellow card.

Mahe Fonua tried to launch a comeback for the Tigers late in the first half when he scored a thriller in the left corner.

Shaun Johnson showed his electric footwork early in the second half, dancing himself into a break before finding the ball in his hands over the tryline.

The game was already won before replacement hooker Karl Lawton came to the field, but that didn't stop him from crossing the line twice late in the game.

The Warriors were far more convincing than last week when they were thrashed by the Storm, but the night was marred by injuries to Johnson and Issac Luke in the second half.

Cronulla Sharks edge out the Parramatta Eels in a late game comeback

The Sharks opened up the final match of the night in thrilling fashion with a stunning try from Sosaia Feki.

The home side were simply too good for the Eels early in the piece and had their defence in a mess as the ball quickly made its way to the wing.

The Eels rocked back soon after with their own try on the wing courtesy of Bevan French.

Parramatta all but mirrored their opponent's early play and sent the ball out to the young star, who leapt over the final defender and put the ball over for four points.

Feki went over for his second in 27th minute as the Sharks once again exploited the Eels' sloppy defence out wide.

Townsend, who failed the conversion, followed Feki with his own try four minutes later, cleaning up a pass from a rampaging Valentine Holmes after the 22-year-old made a break through the middle.

The Sharks put serious doubt in Parramatta's hopes of a three-win streak with an easy try to Edrick Lee on the wing shortly after the halftime break.

Mitchell Moses of the Eels reacts after missing a kick conversion at full time. Photo / Getty Images
Mitchell Moses of the Eels reacts after missing a kick conversion at full time. Photo / Getty Images

The speedy winger was gifted a huge gap after a nifty dummy pass from hooker Jayden Brailey caught the Eels' defence by surprise.

The Eels were denied a try in the corner from Bevan French after the Bunker revealed the winger lost possession as he grounded the ball.

Parramatta dug their toes in with a try to David Gower with five minutes left on the clock.

Their sudden spike in energy was followed up two minutes later with another try to Michael Jennings, who cleaned up a grubber and went over near to posts to bring the score to 16-22.

Parramatta gun Mitchell Moses did the unthinkable in the final minute of play and twisted his way over the line for a try on the right flank, meaning all the visitors needed was a conversion to send the match — which had a 12 point gap in the 75th minute — to golden point time.

Unfortunately for the Eels, Moses skewed his kick to the left of the posts and left the score at 22-20 to the Sharks on the final bell.

- Additional reporting from
To get the day's top sports stories in your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here