This recipe needs to be made a day ahead.
• 400g dark chocolate - at least 60 per cent cocoa solids
• 200ml cream
• Zest of one orange, plus a little extra to garnish
• 2½ Tbs crystallised ginger, finely chopped
• 3 egg yolks
• 60g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
• Flaky salt to garnish
1. Line a 15cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Roughly chop the chocolate and put into a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted then set aside.
3. Bring the cream to a boil and add to the chocolate with the orange zest and 1 Tbsp of the ginger, stir and set aside. Add hazelnuts.
4. Place the egg yolks into a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Add 40ml of hot water and whisk for two minutes. Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer. Fold in the chocolate and whisk for three minutes or until room temperature. Spoon into the tin, scatter with the extra ginger, orange zest and flaky salt. Chill overnight then cut into desired size squares with a hot knife.