|2 Tbsp||Chopped thyme (Main)|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|8||Italian tomatoes, or firm ripe tomatoes (Main)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Combine the thyme, shallots, garlic and three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stand one hour. Preheat the oven to 160 degC.
- Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and place, cut side down, in a shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Carefully flip over and dot the thyme mixture over the top.
- Continue roasting for 15 to 20 minutes.