|¼ cup||Icing sugar|
|200 g||Plain flour (Main)|
|100 g||Butter, cold, cut in cubes|
|50 g||Cream cheese|
|8||Tamarillos, peeled and sliced (Main)|
|½ cup||Vanilla sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a kitchen whizz, place the flour, sugar, butter and cream cheese. Blitz these to fine crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of water to bind to a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured board, roll the pastry to form a 30cm disc. Place on baking paper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a bowl and stir gently.
- Place the filling in the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm border. Fold the pastry over the top leaving an opening in the middle. Brush the outside edges with egg and sprinkle with a little extra sugar.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes. (Place a piece of tinfoil over the top if it is browning too quickly.)
- Serve with vanilla icecream.