|125 g||Butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract (Main)|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Lemon zest, finely grated|
|½ cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Ground almonds (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice|
|6||Strawberries, 2 juiced, 4 thinly sliced (Main)|
|1 drizzle||Water, hot, as much as needed for icing|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together until pale.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time then fold in the lemon, flour and almonds. Stir in the milk.
- Spoon mixture into the cases and bake for 15 minutes, let cool.
- Make the icing by whisking together the butter, icing sugar, lemon and strawberry juice, adding enough hot water to produce a spreadable consistency.
- Ice when the cupcakes have cooled and top with sliced strawberries.