Gretchen uses Jazz apples for their tangy flavour.
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|150 g||Cold butter, cubed|
|¾ cup||Rolled oats (Main)|
|8||Apples, peeled, cored and chopped (Main)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (Main)|
|1 cup||Caramel, well stirred (Main)|
|50 g||Butter, chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the butter cubes and rub into dry ingredients to resemble breadcrumbs. You could also use a food processor for this step.
- Stir in the oats, then set aside in a fridge while you cut the apples.
- Toss the chopped apples well with the caramel and sea salt.
- Split the mixture between 8 ovenproof ramekins, top each with a knob of butter then sprinkle the oaty topping evenly all over each.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the apples are bubbling and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with plenty of vanilla ice cream.
See more of Gretchen's winter entertaining ideas