Serve these straight up for vegetarians or with slices of roast meat or sausages.
|1 kg||Butternut pumpkin (Main)|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar, or red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp||Caraway seed|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||Ground coriander|
|¼ tsp||Cayenne pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Line a large shallow roasting dish with baking paper.
- Cut butternut pumpkin into thick wedges, remove seeds and skin. Cut again into smaller wedges (about 1cm thick). Cut beetroot into similar-sized wedges. Place in a large bowl, pour in 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, tossing well to combine.
- Spread on to the prepared tray and place in the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with balsamic or red wine vinegar.
- Pour the remaining 2 Tbsp of oil into a small saucepan, add spices and stir until aromatic. Pour over roasted vegetables.
- Serve with pan-fried sausages and a green vegetable of your choice.