Makes 24 small to serve with drinks or 12 larger
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|250 ml||Water, luke warm|
|2 tsp||Active dried yeast|
|2 ½ cups||Strong flour, white (Main)|
|½ tsp||White sugar|
|1 can||Anchovy, small, drained (Main)|
|1 can||Anchovy, small, drained|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle|
|1 handful||Pitted black olives|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|1 handful||Basil leaves|
- To make the dough, mix the yeast with warm water and set aside.
- Sieve the flour, sugar and salt together into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the yeast and oil and mix together to form a dough. Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put into an oiled bowl, cover and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide into the required sizes and roll. Place on oiled trays or use a pizza stone while making the topping.
- To make the topping, put the garlic in a small saucepan with the milk and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the garlic is soft.
- Put the anchovies in a pan with the olive oil and butter. Stir for 5 minutes to "melt" the anchovies.
- Crush the garlic with a little of the cooking milk and stir into the anchovies.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Top the dough with sliced cherry tomatoes and sliced olives, drizzle with a little oil and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Top with the anchovy garlic sauce and basil leaves before serving hot.