|800 g||Snapper fillets (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|500 g||Earth gems (Main)|
|½ tsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1||Red capsicum, deseeded and diced|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2 Tbsp||Sherry vinegar|
|1 handful||Basil, to garnish|
|2 cloves||Garlic, sliced|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Wrap the fish portions with the pancetta, bringing the ends to lay under the fish tidily.
- Boil the gems until cooked but still firm in plenty of salted water, drain.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the gems and garlic, cook for 5 minutes until golden, season and keep warm.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the mustard, vinegar and sugar with 4 Tbsp olive oil, add the capsicum and season.
- Fry the fish in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 4-5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until crispy and golden.
- Serve on the gems with the vinaigrette spooned over and basil leaves to garnish.