|1||Onion, thinly sliced (Main)|
|3 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1||Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped|
|2||Red capsicums, halved, deseeded and sliced into long thin strips (Main)|
|2||Yellow capsicums, halved, deseeded and sliced into long thin strips (Main)|
|4||Large ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Capers, drained|
|8||Green olives, stoned and roughly chopped|
|1 large handful||Basil leaves|
|2 large knobs||Butter|
|600 g||White fish fillets, boned (Main)|
- Make the peperonata, heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook gently until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the capsicums and tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook gently for 40 minutes or until the capsicums are truly soft. Remove the lid for the final few minutes or cooking if there is too much liquid.
- Add the capers, olives and basil leaves.
- Pan-fry the fish, heat a large frying over medium-high heat. Add the butter and when it begins to sizzle add the fish. Pan-fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked. (This will depend upon the thickness of the fish, but remember fish keeps cooking after being removed from the hot pan). Season fish.
- Serve fish with the peperonata.
See another one of Kathy's simple dinner recipes