This recipe serves 6 as a starter.
|600 g||Boneless salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1.5cm dice (Main)|
|30 ml||Lime juice|
|30 ml||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Karengo, or use wakame|
|1 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|100 g||Cucumbers, peeled and deseeded, quartered lengthways and thinly sliced|
|1 tsp||Wasabi paste, or to taste|
|2 tsp||Tamari, or use soy sauce|
|50 g||Sushi ginger, shredded|
|½||Mangoes, diced (Main)|
|15||Mint leaves, shredded|
|15||Basil leaves, shredded|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 160C.
- Mix the salmon with half the lime juice and half the lemon juice and place in the fridge for an hour. Toss the karengo with 1 tsp of the olive oil and bake in a small dish 10-15 minutes until nice and crisp, then leave to cool.
- Mix the cucumber with ½ tsp flaky salt and leave in thefridge until the salmon is ready.
- Drain the juices from the salmon. You can leave it forup to 4 hours at this point, if kept in the fridge.
- Drain the cucumber and rinse briefly under cold waterand pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Thirty minutes before serving, mix the wasabi paste with the tamari and remaining lime and lemon juices. Mix in the sushi ginger. Toss with the salmon, cucumber, mango, mint and basil leaves and add flaky sea salt to taste. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Taste again then give one last gentle toss and dividebetween 6 plates.
- Sprinkle with the toasted karengo and serve immediately.