We all love these classic cookies, but this lemon curd-inspired filling makes them utterly irresistible.
|220 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
|2||Lemons, zest only (Main)|
|1 ½ cups||Plain flour|
|¼ cup||Custard powder|
|30 g||Butter, softened|
|1 ¾ cups||Icing sugar, sieved (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Lemon juice (Main)|
|2 tsp||Lemon curd|
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Cream the butter and icing sugar, then add the lemon zest.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and stir.
- Pipe 24 to 26 small biscuits (5cm in size) on to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly coloured. Cool and fill with the following icing.
- Lemon icing: Beat butter together with lemon juice. Add the icing sugar and lemon curd. Mix well to produce a smooth, thick icing.
- Spread the icing over the base of one biscuit. Sandwich another biscuit on top. Repeat to make 12-13 melting moments.