Feijoas have a unique fragrant flavour that is equally enjoyable whether the fruit is raw or cooked. The skin is not normally eaten. However, when making jam or relishes there is no need to peel the fruit. Just top and tail and chop the fruit to the required size. Excellent served with blue cheese, prosciutto, mascarpone, in smoothies, crumbles and fruit salads.
|3 cups||Cider vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Curry powder|
|1 Tbsp||Ground ginger|
|1 tsp||Chilli powder|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Do not peel but trim and chop the feijoas, then combine with onions in a large saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well while bringing to the boil.
- Simmer on low heat until thickened - about one hour.
- Spoon into hot sterilised jars. Seal when cold.