Great served with whipped cream sprinkled with crushed biscuits.
Read the full article here
|250 g||Gingernuts, can be replaced with Anzac biscuits|
|100 g||Butter, melted|
|10 medium||Feijoas, approx 250g scooped flesh|
|1||Lime, finely grated rind and juice|
|250 g||Cream cheese, at room temperature|
|¾ cup||Greek yoghurt|
|2 Tbsp||Mild Honey|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|3 tsp||Powdered gelatine|
|2 Tbsp||Boiling water|
- Lightly butter the sides and base of a 20cm springform cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits very finely. Keep a 1/4 cup aside to sprinkle on top. Combine the remainder with the butter. Press onto the base of the pan. Chill.
- Blend the feijoa flesh and lime rind and juice in a food processor, until smooth. Add the cream cheese, yoghurt, honey, vanilla essence and blend until smooth. Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water and add to the filling. Mix well.
- Pour onto the biscuit base. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve in wedges topped with the reserved crushed biscuits.