|100 g||Spinach, pureed|
|4||Eggs, yolks only|
|¼ packet||Wasabi paste, or to your taste|
|40 ml||Rice vinegar|
|500 ml||Rice bran oil|
|12||Asparagus, ends removed|
|12||Smoked salmon, thinly slices|
|6||Eggs, 2 beaten with the sesame oil, 4 poached and warmed to serve|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil, beat with the eggs|
|½ cup||Sesame seeds|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- To make the wasabi aioli, in a mixing bowl whisk together the spinach puree, egg yolks, wasabi and rice vinegar.
- Slowly add the rice bran oil to reach a mayonnaise consistency. Add flavour with a squeeze of lemon.
- To make the sesame asparagus, wrap a slice of smoked salmon around the asparagus stem, dip in egg then sesame seeds.
- Spray a heated grill plate with oil, grill asparagus until toasted.
- Place on to a warmed platter, top with poached eggs, shavings of parmesan and then coat with the wasabi aioli.