|4 handfuls||Spinach, any tough stems removed|
|3 large||Chorizo sausages, fresh (Main)|
|1 small||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 cup||Milk, full cream|
|½ cup||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, or dill, chopped|
|1||Lemon, finely grated zest only|
|3 small||Tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Grated parmesan cheese|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 175C. Lightly grease a 20cm baking dish.
- Wash the spinach, allowing any remaining water to cling to the leaves. Heat a frying pan and place in the spinach. Cook until wilted then remove from the frying pan and place in a sieve to drain well.
- Pour a dash of oil into the frying pan and cook the chorizo until they are just cooked through. Remove, drain on kitchen paper, then slice each chorizo into about 1cm-thick slices.
- Pour another dash of oil and the butter into the frying pan and cook the onion until soft and just beginning to colour.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cheddar parsley or dill and lemon zest. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the cooked onion and tomatoes.
- Squeeze excess moisture from the spinach and coarsely chop. Place in the baking dish. Scatter over the chorizo slices.
- Pour over the egg mixture, then sprinkle breadcrumbs and parmesan on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes until golden and set. Serve with a crisp green salad and crusty bread. We topped our frittata with extra herbs and cherry tomatoes roasted until their skins split.