|2 Tbsp||Butter, softened|
|100 g||Dark chocolate, chopped (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Dutch cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Vanilla bean, split|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Beat the butter with half the sugar until pale then mix in the cocoa. Beat the yolks with the remaining sugar until pale and smooth.
- Whip the cream until thick. Mix the melted chocolate into the butter mixture, fold in the egg mixture then fold in the cream. Spoon into the lined tin and refrigerate for four hours. To serve, remove from the tin, slice with a hot knife and dust with Dutch cocoa.
- With the point of a sharp knife, make a small cross in the end of each tamarillo then cover with boiling water. After 15 minutes using the knife, peel off the skins.
- Combine the sugar, water, vanilla and zest in a saucepan. Simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar then add the tamarillos. Gently simmer for 10 minutes, let the tamarillos cool in the liquid. Serve with the marquise.