This chocolate coconut slice can be ready in 25 minutes. Enjoy it with a cup of tea. Makes 20 slices.
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 ½ cups||Icing sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Butter, soft|
|1 ½ Tbsp||Water, boiling|
- Melt the first four ingredients in a pot. Do not boil. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan bake. Grease an 18 x 27cm baking pan and line with baking paper for easy lift out.
- Add dry ingredients to cocoa mixture and press into pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing ingredients together and beat well. Ice slice when warm, not hot, with chocolate icing and sprinkle additional coconut over the top.
- You don't need as much icing then, as the slight heat from the warm slice helps "melt" the icing slightly.
- Cut into small pieces when cool – perfect with tea.