Serve these marinated mango and cherry desserts for the perfect finish to an al fresco meal.
|24||Cherries, plus 12 to serve|
|1||Mango, large, Australian|
|½ cup||Ginger wine|
|1 packet||Lime jelly crystals|
|1||Lime, 2 tsp of finely grated zest|
|1 cup||Water, boiling|
|375 ml||Evaporated milk, chilled until almost frozen|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Peel and slice the mango. Place into a bowl.
- Halve the cherries and remove the stones. Place into a separate bowl.
- Pour half of the ginger wine over each and leave to marinate.
- Pour the jelly into a bowl, add the zest and pour over the boiling water. Stir to dissolve then cool completely.
- Beat the evaporated milk until thick, add the jelly mixture and continue beating until thick and well combined.
- Layer the fruit and the flummery into glasses. Top with extra fresh cherries.