This is an easy crowd pleaser. Make the mixture in advance, then simply wrap and cook the enchiladas while you whip up a salad. Beans are a great way to make meat go further. You could use beef or pork instead. Buy Mexican spice at the supermarket, or use taco or chilli seasoning to taste.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1||Celery stalk, finely diced|
|2||Chicken breasts, small, diced|
|1 Tbsp||Taco seasoning mix, or Mexican spice|
|1 can||Mild chilli beans (Main)|
|1 cup||Tomato passata, or homemade tomato sauce (Main)|
|6||Flour tortillas, or use wraps (Main)|
|1 cup||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, celery, garlic, spice and chicken breasts over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly coloured and fragrant.
- Add the beans, water and ½ a cup of the tomato sauce. Simmer, covered, for about 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked and saucy. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide the mixture between the wraps and roll up to make logs.
- Arrange them with the fold underneath to fit neatly in an ovenproof dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the top of the wraps and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- If you like, serve with sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and summer greens on the side.