This recipe needs to be made at least 12 hours before eating.
|1 ½ cups||Cucumbers, finely sliced (Main)|
|1||Water, to cover|
|¾ cup||Onions, finely sliced (Main)|
|1 cup||Granulated white sugar|
|1 cup||White wine vinegar|
|3 tsp||Yellow mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds, or celery seeds|
|3||Bay leaves, small, fresh|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Put the cucumber and onion together in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and mix to combine.
- Cover with water and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the liquid and drain thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, add the vinegar, sugar, turmeric, mustard seeds, cinnamon, cumin and bay leaves.
- As soon as this mixture reaches a boil, add the vegetables.
- Return to a boil then ladle into sterilised jars.