|1||Rabbit, jointed (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|125 g||Streaky bacon|
|2||Oranges, zested and juiced|
|1 Tbsp||Plain flour|
|2 cups||Chicken stock, hot|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Portion the rabbit or ask the butcher to do it.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a cast iron casserole large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Slice the bacon and brown in the dish. Remove then brown the rabbit pieces. Return the bacon to the dish.
- Add the remaining ingredients - cover and cook for 2 hours. Serve with mash and broccoli or green beans.