A Spanish omelette is made with chopped up potatoes and sometimes vegetables. It is served as an open omelette rather than more traditional omelettes which are folded.
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|500 g||Agria potatoes, thinly sliced|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|¼ cup||Capers, chopped (Main)|
|¼ cup||Black olives, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and potatoes and cook very slowly for 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly with a folk, add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small 12cm frying pan, fill with a quarter of the mixture, cook slowly until half cooked.
- Slide the omelette on to a flat plate, slide it back into the pan to cook the other side. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve warm with a little topping on each.