The great bonus with this loaf is that you can make up the first part of the mix in advance and it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
|1 cup||Brown sugar, loosely packed|
|½ cup||Apricots, chopped (Main)|
|350 ml||Water, or cold tea|
|⅓ cup||Dried cranberries|
|2 ⅔ cups||Flour|
|¾ tsp||Baking soda|
|¾ tsp||Baking powder|
|2 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Sunflower seeds|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Put the first eight ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil. Set aside to cool.
- If desired, you can store the mixture in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week – just bring it back to room temperature when you are ready to bake.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC fan bake. Line a 25 x 15 x 8cm loaf tin with baking paper for easy removal when the loaf is cooked.
- Sift the next three ingredients and add the seeds. Add to the fruit mix and gently combine.
- As soon as the mixture is combined, place it in a loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Check with a skewer after 45 minutes.