Cannelloni are filled tubes of pasta. This variation uses chicken and basil but you can mix the fillings up by putting in different meats or even making them vegetarian.
|500 g||Chicken mince (Main)|
|¼ cup||Basil pesto|
|250 g||Ricotta cheese (Main)|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese|
|14||Cannelloni tubes (Main)|
|2 cups||Tomato pasta sauce|
|1 cup||Mozzarella cheese|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook chicken mince and chopped onion until onion is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, place pesto, ricotta, eggs, grated parmesan and cooled chicken mince. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Grease a large casserole dish. Put a heaped tablespoon of filling into each cannelloni tube. Continue until the filling is used up, placing tubes next to each other in a single layer in the dish.
- Spoon tomato sauce over the filled cannelloni and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is light brown and bubbly.