|200 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 ½ cups||Plain flour|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 ½ cups||Cornflakes, plus extra for decoration|
|100 g||Dark chocolate, cut into small pieces|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to180C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift over theflour and cocoa powder and mix in. Mixin the cornflakes.
- Shape the mixture into heaped teaspoon-sized ballsand place on the prepared trays, leaving a little space between each. Flatten balls slightly with you fingers. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and leave for 2-3minutesthen place on a wire rack to cool.
- Make the chocolate cream, place the cream and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until the butter melts,then bring just up to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir gently until the mixture is smooth. Place in a small bowl and set aside to cool and thicken.
- Sandwich 2 Afghans together with the chocolate cream. Spread a little on the top of each and top with a cornflake to finish.
- Or you could – iceindividual Afghans with chocolate creamand decorate with extra cornflakes orin the traditional way,with toasted walnut halves.