An Aussie teen has been caught on camera wiping away his tears as Balinese police briefly let the 18-year-old out for a toilet break, three days after he allegedly punched a security guard.

Zac William Whiting appeared shaken and visibly upset as police fought against cameras to lead him to the bathroom at Kuta Police Station.

The teen, who works as a cabinet maker on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, has spent more than two days in police custody at the Balinese police station and has been interrogated by officers over the alleged assault, reports

Police in Bali allege he lashed out at a security guard at a Burger King in Kuta in the early hours of Friday morning.


Mr Whiting had asked the security guard to help them find his friend's lost mobile phone when things allegedly took a violent turn.

Security footage from the incident. Photo / Channel 9
Security footage from the incident. Photo / Channel 9

Security footage from outside the Burger King shows Mr Whiting and the security guard getting closer and closer until Mr Whiting appears to move towards the guard.

Things became heated when the security guard allegedly told Mr Whiting and their group of friends that he would not help them look for the phone as he didn't know where it was.

Their altercation was seen on CCTV moving out onto the street before Mr Whiting allegedly punched the guard twice.

The alleged altercation left the security guard Adni Junus Liu needing stitches for the large cut above his eye.

The interrogation of Mr Whiting, a talented AFL player, was also briefly caught on camera, with police appearing to ask him the same questions.

"The victim say you want him to die," the police officer told Mr Whiting. "Two time or one time you punch him? Do you remember?"

Adni Junus Liu needed stitches. Photo / Channel 9
Adni Junus Liu needed stitches. Photo / Channel 9

"We already had this conversation just before," Mr Whiting replied.


Despite spending the past few days in police custody, Mr Whiting may be able to solve his legal issue and return home by compensating the guard.

He would also have to sign a peace deal, allowing him to walk free from jail.

Mr Liu told 9News he was undecided about forgiving Mr Whiting.

The 18-year-old's family is believed to have hired the same security organisation that managed to bring Schapelle Corby home to Australia.