An Indian man who woke up on an autopsy table just before a post-mortem has since died.
The Daily Telegraph reports a doctor in Mumbai mistakenly misdiagnosed a homeless man, who has been named as Prakash, as being dead after he was found by police unconscious.
Hospital staff were shocked when the man started breathing just before they were about to begin the autopsy.
The man was rushed to intensive care but later succumbed to his infections.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
A post-mortem exam will now take place to determine his cause of death.