His first trial in Newcastle last year ended in a hung jury but he was found guilty after a second trial in Sydney's Downing Centre District Court this year.
Hayne had pleaded not guilty but the jury accepted the evidence of the victim, who said that she did not consent to the ex-NFL convert performing oral and digital sex on her in her bedroom on NRL grand final night in October 2019.
She was left with two lacerations on her vagina which bled profusely.
Hayne insisted her injuries were an accident and apologised.
During her evidence, the woman said she refused to consent to sex because the ex-Parramatta fullback — who was in Newcastle for a two-day buck's party — had a taxi waiting outside.
It is not yet known what the grounds of Hayne's appeal will be. Hayne had 12 months after his conviction to launch an appeal.
The matter is listed to appear in the NSW Criminal Court of Appeal on Thursday next week.