Ousted X Factor NZ hopeful Sarah Spicer has bounced back from being bagged by sacked judges Willy Moon and Natalia Kills and has landed the biggest break of her career.
The Waihi singer made a shock exit from the TV3 reality talent quest two weeks ago. She was previously dissed by Kills as being "cheesy" and "over-rehearsed".
But Spicer is back on a high after being asked to open for American chart-topper Michael Bolton at his debut New Zealand concert.
Bolton - famed for hits such as How Am I Supposed to Live Without You and Soul Provider - rocks Auckland's ASB Theatre on May 18.
"Michael is a legend and I'll have to really up my game. He's such a fantastic singer," she said. "It is a big honour to be asked to be the support act at his first show here. He wanted someone who could perform acoustically and I was more than happy to oblige.
"It was disappointing to leave X Factor NZ but now I just think that as one door closes, another one opens. I want to capitalise on the exposure I got on the show and keep the momentum going."
Spicer said landing the Bolton gig was a shot in the arm after being slated by Kills and Moon. The husband and wife team made their comments just before launching an ill-fated rant at Joe Irvine on the reality show last month, which led to them being sacked.
"I felt I was the warm-up act for Natalia to vent at poor Joe, and Willy agreed with her views about my performance," she said. "They were a very odd couple and I didn't take her criticisms too seriously.
"I wasn't happy but I got off lightly compared to Joe."
Spicer is about to re-release her debut album, Colours before launching a new single and a solo tour later this year. Meantime, she is happy to be back home in Waihi looking after her three children, aged 11, 13 and 15.
"I didn't have to cook or clean for three months while I was away recording X Factor NZ, which was great," she said.
"But I have enjoyed being back doing normal things like making packed lunches for the kids when they went back to school after the Easter break."