The railway line at Te Puke has reopened after a body was found on the tracks yesterday.
Police confirmed a body was found on the tracks at 1.12pm.
KiwiRail executive general manager operations Siva Sivapakkiam this morning said the line had reopened.
Police said inquiries were ongoing and the matter had been referred to the Coroner.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
WHERE TO GET HELP:
If you are worried about your or someone else's mental health, the best place to get help is your GP or local mental health provider. However, if you or someone else is in danger or endangering others, call police immediately on 111.
OR IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE:
• 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP) (available 24/7)
• YOUTHLINE: 0800 376 633
• NEED TO TALK? Free call or text 1737 (available 24/7)
• KIDSLINE: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• WHATSUP: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• DEPRESSION HELPLINE: 0800 111 757 or TEXT 4202