Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has reiterated the Government's position on taking Manus Island refugees in the wake of reports detainees were removed by force on Friday.
Papua New Guinea continued the eviction of the refugees at the Australian detention camp, taking away hundreds of people to a new transit centre amid claims of violence and force being used against them.
The three-week stand off between authorities and the detainees appeared to culminate yesterday, with officials removing the remaining 378 men and taking them to a new camp at Lorengau.
Refugees at the Nauru camp had no access to water or electricity but were refusing to move, fearing hostilities at the new location.
Ardern has previously committed to taking the refugees from Australia and resettling them in New Zealand, and repeated that offer on Saturday, amid reports the men had been moved by force.
Australia pays Papua New Guinea, its nearest neighbour, and the tiny Pacific nation of Nauru to hold more than 2000 asylum seekers from Africa, the Middle East and Asia who have attempted to reach Australian shores by boat since mid-2013.
Human Rights Watch reported yesterday that men were being assaulted and that police had smashed their belongings and shouted at them.
World Vision Australia chief advocate Peter Costello, who is at the island, told media yesterday the men appeared be to covered in bruises and scratches and were malnourished.
Visiting the annual Grey Lynn Festival in Auckland today, Ardern wouldn't be drawn on her opinion of the alleged treatment of the detainees, but repeated that the Government's offer to take the men still stood.
"Obviously New Zealand's offer to take 150 refugees, those screened to be refugees, continues to stand," she said.
"I continue to take the same position, we have to see the human face of the situation that we have, that is why New Zealand made the offer some years ago.
"The decision as to whether Australia takes up our offer ... continues to be a matter for Australia. We've made it very clear we're keen to assist but its a decision for them."
She has previously described the situation as "unacceptable" and that she had "grave concerns" for the refugees.
She said it was more efficient to go through Australia, rather than directly approaching Papua New Guinea officials.
"The advice we've had from a range of different sources is we would have to go through Australia in order for that offer to be taken up which is why we continue to work alongside Australia."
She hadn't spoken to Australia Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull since the men had been evacuated but said there was "no need to continue to reiterate" the New Zealand Government's position on the matter.
"We've made the offer very clear to Australia. We've done what we can to make clear our view."
Ardern was out and about in Grey Lynn in her Mount Albert electorate on Saturday today.
Dozens of curious supporters and young people flocked to her and she spent half an hour greeting crowds at her Labour stall.
"I've been to the Grey Lynn festival for many, many years. It's fantastic it's not raining this year," she said.