A member of a group opposed to the Trans-Pacific Partnership has been arrested for assault after staging a protest at Prime Minister John Key's electorate office in Kumeu this morning.
Members of the group "Show Us Ya Text" occupied the PM's office and refused to leave until details of the agreement were released.
Inspector Mark Fergus of the Rodney Police said that three of the protestors were verbally trespassed and removed from the building earlier today and one woman was arrested for assault.
The Herald contacted the electoral office this morning but was referred to John Key's Parliamentary office staff,
A spokesperson for the Prime Minister said he was disappointed in the action taken by protesters at his electoral office today.
"He has two electorate agents who work very hard to support his constituents in that office and it is not ok for them to feel scared or intimidated in anyway," the spokesperson said.
"People have the right to protest as long as they don't break the law or put anyone in harm's way."
The protesting women held pictures of suffragette Kate Sheppard and proclaimed "I am Kate", while supporters waved banners outside.
Spokeswoman Georgina Blackmore said the secrecy surrounding the trade negotiations threatened the democracy of New Zealand, and the group was planning further, non-violent, protests.
"Today's action is just the first in our campaign of civil disobedience. Democracy doesn't happen behind closed doors so we will hold a civil disobedience training in Wellington in full public view on September 14," she said.
The organisation has plans to hold public meetings across the country and invited the public to participate in seizing the TPPA on September 15.
Police attempts to gain access to a meeting in Wellington last week were met with a request to leave, Ms Blackmore said.
At an anti-TPPA rally in Auckland last month the same group called on the Government to publicly release all documents related to the controversial agreement by August 31 "at high noon".
If the demand was not met, the group would march on the offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Wellington on September 15 to carry out "a non-violent citizen's search and seizure", the group's Lizzie Sullivan said.