The country's youngest convicted killer is the subject of a new police complaint, accused of indecently assaulting two female journalists.

He is fresh from a one-month prison sentence after admitting wilfully damaging a television camera - the latest in a string of offences including assault.

Bailey Junior Kurariki was released from prison in May 2008 after being convicted of the manslaughter of pizza delivery man Michael Choy in 2002.

He was set strict conditions by the Parole Board after being released four months early, but police and the Department of Corrections have not been able to stop his repeated offending.

The new indecent assault claims follow a visit by two female Herald on Sunday journalists to Bailey Junior Kurariki's Auckland home on Thursday.

The employees, who the newspaper has chosen not to name, said the 20-year-old behaved in an erratic and distressing manner during the interview.

Statements record Kurariki exposed himself to the women, masturbated in front of them and groped them before they could escape the house.

Kurariki's actions took place as his mother, Lorraine West, was lying sick in the house, where she was suffering the effects of treatment for cancer.

Police yesterday received a formal complaint about Thursday's incident. They were told the employees would co-operate fully should officers decide to take any action. A senior police officer said charges were likely.

The Department of Corrections was last night unable to access details of the conditions attached to his supervision sentence but confirmed he was being monitored.

"If he breaches these conditions we will take action through the courts," said Community Probation Services general manager Katrina Casey.

The incident took place after a reporter rang West's home to speak to Kurariki about the episode involving the TV cameraman.

Kurariki answered the phone and began a conversation, during which he admitted the previously unreported return to prison in February for kicking a camera.

The reporter asked Kurariki if she and a photographer could visit to talk about his time in prison. He replied: "Yeah, yeah, as soon as possible. Come now so I don't get bored and I want to see my mates."

When they arrived, Kurariki invited the women inside, where a visibly unwell West asked him to conduct the interview in the kitchen.

During the interview Kurariki's behaviour grew increasingly erratic and sexual. The reporter - who recorded much of the discussion - said Kurariki at times became aggressive and started sweating.

Ten minutes after sitting down to speak - during which the framework of the interview was discussed - Kurariki exposed himself to the reporter.

In a statement available to police, the reporter said: "My first instinct was to get out of there as fast as possible, but I had this overwhelming belief that if I reacted with aggression, alarm or even showed fear something terrible would happen to us.

"I knew it was pointless screaming for help because Lorraine was too ill to respond.

"I desperately tried to continue the interview as if nothing had happened to buy us some time to try and work out an exit strategy without inflaming the situation.

"My instincts told me to get the hell out of there as soon as we could, but I knew it was crucial to remain calm and collected."

At that stage, the photographer was sitting beside Kurariki and could not see he had exposed himself to the reporter. The reporter said she became more concerned when it appeared Kurariki had begun masturbating.

In an attempt to break an atmosphere she believed was becoming charged, the reporter said she wanted a glass of water.

As she passed Kurariki, he reached out and groped her. The reporter than told the photographer they had another interview and needed to leave to meet that appointment.

Kurariki sought to delay their departure, said the reporter. She said he began demanding "what's in it for me", in connection with the interview.

He then demanded the digital recorder be turned off and insisted that aspects of the recording be deleted.

The reporter said that while she remained seated, Kurariki stood before her in an obviously excited state and said: "You two are beautiful women. What will you give me?"

The photographer said she told Kurariki: "We don't do this. What are you doing?"

The reporter told Kurariki the newspaper did not pay for stories and his behaviour was wrong.

West's partner arrived at the house, distracting Kurariki and creating an opportunity for the women to leave.

As they left, the photographer said Kurariki groped her.

It's the latest in a string of incidents following Kurariki's release from prison for Choy's killing.

In March 2009 he was arrested for assaulting Janie Martin, believed to be his girlfriend, and pleaded guilty to a common assault charge.

The reporter said her decision to make a formal complaint to police was based on her fear for other women who might come into contact with Kurariki.

The Herald on Sunday is reviewing its procedures to ensure staff are not placed in unduly dangerous situations.