A person has tested Covid-positive inside the central Auckland apartment building, Volt Apartments.
While the Ministry of Health is yet to announce the Queen St building as a location of interest, a resident and the building manager confirmed there is a person with Covid in the building - but it remained unclear, where.
In a notice to residents, Volt Apartments management write that there has been an "unidentified positive Covid-19 case in the building".
It urges residents to wear a mask, maintain social distancing, get a test and get vaccinated.
"Volt Apartments hasn't been named a location of interest yet but further notices will be displayed with the information you require at a later date."
However, the notice which was issued has come three days after the case is believed to have tested positive and led to frustration amongst residents due to the lack of information.
Volt Apartments body corporate chairperson David Church also expressed frustration as the Ministry hadn't confirmed it as a location of interest "nor given any advice".
"We see that as a big failing and a source of concern."
A relative of a Volt resident said the active case had been in the building on Friday, October 22.
The resident had been told the positive case was still currently inside the building but neither the building manager or supervisor would confirm what floor the person was on.
Asked why Volt hasn't been listed, a Ministry of Health spokesperson this evening said if a "public health unit determines that it is possible to get in touch with those who may have come into contact with the Covid-19 case at a site, then it is not necessary to list it as a Location of Interest on the Ministry of Health website".
However, they wouldn't confirm any other details including if the person is still in the building.
"We do not provide specific details on cases, especially where this could lead to the individual being identified."
The relative said their family member had been assured by the owner of the unit that the Volt Apartments will show up on the Ministry's contact locations list in the next few days.
"However, I do not consider this acceptable given that most residents would have been informed of at least 1 active case in the building on Friday 22 October.
"Police have also been into the apartment building.
"The most concerning part is the lack of information and transparency shown by staff given that the residents have not been told when they can leave the apartment other than to get food."
The relative said unlike at Zest Apartments earlier this month, there was currently no widespread testing system in place set up for residents.
"My family member was in a highly distressed state not knowing if she could leave the building for work tomorrow although fortunately she has contacted her employer who has advised her to stay where she is in the apartment."
"I cannot imagine the difficulties for other residents with everything being so unclear right now."
Church said staff were verbally told by Ministry of Health tracing staff on Friday that there was a positive person on site.
"We provided them with access to the person(s) concerned.
"Also on Friday, we notified all occupants and all owners that we had been advised there was a positive case on site.
"On Sunday 24 October, we did a further notification to all owners, restating that we had still not been formally notified and the site had not yet been recorded as a location of Interest."
They continued to do "elevated cleaning" in public areas and "given advice to individuals living in close proximity to the problem apartment".
While without receiving any official advice, Church said their advice In the meantime to residents had been to "get on with your life" but take follow the specified precautions, self-monitor and get vaccinated and tested as appropriate.
Testing is available in the nearby Victoria St carpark, he said.
The Ministry of Health have yet to respond to Herald queries.